From the Mayor's Desk
“Shed the Meds” Take-Back Day Event
To help keep Babylon Village residents safe, Trustee Anthony Cardali is joining together with the Village Pharmacy to host "Shed the Meds", a drug take-back day event on Saturday, March 6th from 12 PM - 2 PM at Village Phamacy at 124 E Main St #103 (behind the Make Up Studio).
During that time, all residents are invited to help safely dispose of their unwanted, unused or expired medications. This program provides a safe, convenient, and responsible way to dispose of prescription drugs, while also educating the community about the potential for abuse, or accidental use, of medications. The event also helps protect the environment by discouraging people from using the typical disposal method, flushing unused pills or dumping them in the solid waste stream.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISPOSING OF MEDICATIONS:
- Keep all medications in the original container
- Block out name on container for anonymity
- Do not cross out medication information
- Illegal drugs may also be dropped off anonymously
- Syringes and sharps, thermometers, IV bags, chemo drugs, gel-cap and liquid medications will NOT be accepted
For more information, please contact Village Hall at 631-669-1212, firstname.lastname@example.org