Coronavirus Precautions and Information
As a precautionary and safety measure, beginning on Monday, March 16th, 2020, the Village of Babylon Highway and Sanitation OFFICE will be closed to the public until further notice. The plastic bag program has been suspended as well. All Village services WILL CONTINUE as usual for our Babylon Village residents just the OFFICE will be closed to the public. Please call the Village Highway and Sanitation office at (631) 669-4878 with any questions or concerns. Again, this is strictly a precautionary and safety measure, all Village services remain in effect. We appreciate your cooperation and certainly feel free to contact the Mayor’s office at (631) 669-1212. State of Emergency
WHAT THE VILLAGE OF BABYLON IS DOING:
- Babylon Village cleaning crews are frequently and thoroughly sanitizing throughout Village Hall and in all Village departments including Highway, Maintenance and Sanitation. Meeting rooms and Court Justice are also being sanitized frequently and thoroughly as well.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed throughout Village Hall to provide easy access for both residents, guests and employees.
- Mayor Scordino, The Babylon Fire Department and Village officials are continuing to monitor the situation and will take steps to reschedule/cancel any events if necessary and inform the public. Please continue to check our website at : villageofbabylonny.gov or the official Village of Babylon Facebook page for updates regarding events
- Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, especially before eating.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Gather and update home preparedness kits, containing a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK and be sure to throw used tissues in the trash.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/coronavirus
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Suffolk County: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Health-Bulletins/Novel-Coronavirus
New York State Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline:
See attached from Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone for informational purposes regarding Pediatric Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome.